Scenes from the Car

Scene One (a mother and her son are driving to an appointment through a suburban town. They are the only two people in the car. He is safely belted in his booster seat in the back. It is a brisk winter day)

SON:I just saw a turch.
MOTHER: A church?
SON: Yes.
MOTHER: How did you know it was a church?
SON: I know that all turches have big T’s on them.

Scene Two (mother and son arrive at their destination, mother whips and phone and hastily texts previous conversation to husband)

HUSBAND’S REPLY: That is a little disturbing and a little inspiring at the same time

(fade house lights)

8 smart people left their mark:

1. melissaz, 17. December 2008, 8:41

Except here. We have too many “strip mall” churches. Scary.

melissazs last blog post..That’s the way the cookie crumbles!

2. Pamela, 17. December 2008, 8:48

it’s brilliant how he knows turch starts with t.

Pamelas last blog post..wordless wednesday: it’s been too long

3. Lynn, 17. December 2008, 12:22

Wow… please post another blog entry on how you plan on explaining this stuff to him! I need the advice. Sydney saw a manger setting and asked what it was. So I told her it’s Baby Jesus, his Mother Mary and Father Joseph. I also went into a bit of detail about all the differnet religions and how they all believe in certain things. Too much? yeah.

So we’re in Red Robin and she’s pretending to be a baby.

S: Do you know what my name is?
    Me: Ummmm….Mahalo?
    S: No Silly… it’s Baby Jesus.

And now she’s the resident expert on it….we saw another manger and she shouts out, “Mama, Look! It’s Baby Jesus and his mother Mary. What’s the other name?”
    Me: That’s his daddy Joseph.
    S: NOOOOO>>> It’s his Father Joseph.
    me: Excuse me, you are correct.

Lynns last blog post..Monthly recap of the kids

4. Tiffany, 17. December 2008, 13:37

I tried to explain to Chloe today the difference between Angels and Fairies. Needless to say, she now calls angels “angel fairies.” I’ve decided to take that on when she’s a wee bit older.

Tiffanys last blog post..Embarrassing observation

5. shauna, 17. December 2008, 19:32

I love it! Your son sounds like a very smart boy.

shaunas last blog post..one ticket on the front row please

6. Kelly O, 18. December 2008, 7:20

Ha! You know, Liam just recently stopped saying “Lello” for “yellow”; I’m going to be sad when they lose the last vestiges of toddlerhood pronunciation.

7. Grandy, 18. December 2008, 11:44

What a smart boy! All the Turches have T’s and McDonalds have M’s. :)

8. Abbey, 21. December 2008, 18:27

That is a completely adorable story!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!